Casual Weekly Guitar Making Classes
Our Casual Weekly Guitar Making Classes allows students to attend any of our 'workshop open sessions' during the week. Each session lasts for 4 hours. To secure workshop time students book through our online class booking system. We offer 1 night class on a Wednesday, and a morning and afternoon session on a Friday or Satuday. The time taken to complete your guitar depends on existing woodworking skills, your preferred pace of working and the number of classes attended each week.
The Gold Coast Guitar Making School will ensure you come away with a beautiful hand crafted instrument!
Students who attend the Gold Coast Guitar Making School are personally guided through each and every process during the course. There are no pre-prepared or pre-assembled parts and we take the time to demonstrate both traditional and modern methods of acoustic guitar making and 'demystify' some of the secrets of building exceptional handmade guitars!
There are no prior skills required to attend our classes and we limit our class numbers to ensure that our students take home a high quality handmade custom guitar.
Course Details & Instruction
- Choosing the style of guitar from our selection you wish to custom build
- No extra charge for cutaway guitar
- Discussion of addition design options for your guitar (see optional extras)
- Hand selecting your tonewoods from our range of high quality and unique AAA grade timbers
- Guitar design and bracing patterns based on playing preferences & acoustic principles
- Bending the back and sides of the guitar (all solid woods)
- Joining and bracing a sound board and back (all solid woods)
- Creating your own custom sound hole rosette
- Fitting and gluing the top, back and sides
- Making all internal and external parts from rough stock by hand
- Routing, bending & fitting of all solid timber bindings
- Building, shaping and carving your neck to suit your playing needs
- Cutting and fitting the neck-to-body joint
- Creating your own custom design bridge and headstock
- Making and slotting the fingerboard
- Installing and dressing frets
- Finishing materials and techniques such as natural Danish oil finish
- Final assembly and set-up to critical specifications for superior playability
- Use of all power and hand tools; how to maintain them and work with them safely
- High quality coated strings
- Included gold or silver Gotoh tuners
- Nut, saddle and bridge are all Tusq ($60 value)
Optional Extras (additional costs apply)
- Custom laser cut headstock design
- finger board binding
- Upgrading of machine heads
- Gold fretwire
- Abalone inlays
- 12 String Guitar
Workshop Times & Timetable 2017
We work alongside the Queensland school holiday terms. All sessions can be booked in advance through our online booking system.
Course Cost & Inclusions
$3500 (inc GST)
This includes tuition, all materials, tonewoods, machine heads, rosette, truss rod, nut, saddle, fret dots and strings.
Casual Session Payment Options.
OPTION 1 - Full Payment Upfront (no limit on sessions/month)
$500 Deposit then $3000 Due First Day
This option includes bonus high quality hard case valued at $300
OPTION 2 - Six Installments (limit of 6 x 4hr Sessions/month)
$500 Deposit, 1st Month $600 due first class, then 4 payments of $600 due monthly
Other payment options available on request.
If you would like to attend this course and want to find out more, please contact
Aaron on 0422 116 500 or fill in the on line form here